Polystyrene is made by polymerising styrene, which is produced by combining benzene and ethylene. The polystyrene thus produced is one of the thermoplastic materials sometimes called linear polymers. These are materials that soften on the application of heat and harden as they cool. The expanded foam (known EPS) is used in various built environment applications.
Sagex has more than 50 years experience in the manufacture of EPS and introduced the product into the South African market.
- Resistant to vibration
- Low mass
- Thermally efficient
- CFC and HCFC free, physiologically and chemically harmless
- Resistant to aging, mildew, bacteria and rot
- Easily cut and worked (fine toothed saw and conventional hand tools)
- Easily bonded – ensure adhesive is compatible with EPS
- Easily painted using high quality acrylic PVA applied by brush or spray.
|Name||SKU||Length (mm)||Width (mm)||Thickness (mm)||R-Value (m2.K/W)|
|NameExpanded Polystyrene 15||SKU10923||Length (mm)2440||Width (mm)1220||Thickness (mm)25||R-Value (m2.K/W)0.66|
|NameExpanded Polystyrene 20||SKU10930||Length (mm)2440||Width (mm)1220||Thickness (mm)25||R-Value (m2.K/W)0.71|
|NameExpanded Polystyrene 30||SKU10937||Length (mm)2440||Width (mm)1220||Thickness (mm)25||R-Value (m2.K/W)0.76|